Whey protein is a nutritious form of protein that has been isolated from milk whey and had its fat removed. It’s usually sold in powder form and is easy to use. When included as part of a healthy diet and fit lifestyle, whey protein can help you lose weight and build muscle.
- Obtain a protein requirement chart from an online source or nutrition store. Too much protein in your daily diet can lead to adverse side-effects, and is particularly hard on your kidneys, so a protein chart is an important tool when adding best whey protein in india to your diet.
- Calculate how much protein you need, based on your weight. It is recommended that both male and female adults (19–50) consume 8 grams (0.28 oz) of protein for every 20 pounds of body weight (0.8 g of protein per kg) per day. For example, a person weighing 155 pounds (70 kg) should get 56 g of protein per day.
- In general, speed and strength training athletes should get 1.2–1.7 g of protein per kg of body weight, while an endurance athlete may need more like 1.2–1.4 g of protein per kg of body weight. (To find your weight in kg, divide your weight in pounds by 2.2).
- So an athlete weighing 175 lbs. (79 kg) would consume 94.8 g of protein daily to meet the minimum of 1.2 g/kg.
- Determine the amount of protein you eat. With the help of a nutritional calculator, calculate how much protein you are getting with each meal and, if necessary, how much best whey protein in india you consume each week. This will help you determine how much protein you need to supplement your diet with.
- There are several online resources for determining the protein content of the foods you eat each day or week. A useful example can be found here .
- Find the amount of protein you need to get from supplements. If the amount of protein you should have according to your protein requirement chart is more than you are getting from diet alone, you can make up the difference with best whey protein in india. After figuring out your protein intake with a nutritional calculator, subtract the amount of protein you are getting in your diet from the required amount found on your protein requirement chart. The amount of protein left over is what you can get in supplement form from whey protein.
- Additionally, if you are a male who exercises regularly, you may benefit from whey protein supplementation to help you recover from exercise more quickly.