Walking is the safest exercise since the dawn of time. It comes with a wonderful pleasure of fresh air, peace, and joy along with a bunch of health benefits. Some of them are as follows:
1. Walking helps in burning calories depending on your speed and distance covered.
2. Doctors also recommend walking for at least 30 minutes every day. This reduces the risk of coronary heart diseases by 19% and even more if you increase the duration of your walk every day.
3. Walking after taking your meals helps you control your blood sugar level and also spurs your digestion.
4. Walking at a good speed improves metabolism which in a way protects you from gaining body fat.
5. Walking helps lubricate and strengthen the joint muscles and eases them.
6. Walking increases oxygen flow through the body and levels of cortisol, epinephrine, and norepinephrine hormones. These hormones elevate energy levels.
7. It might sound unbelievable that researches have found that walking at a brisk pace reduces the risk of death with factors like cardiovascular disease and cancer by 24%.
8. Studies have found that those who walk are more likely to relieve insomnia than those who don’t walk.
So you must fix the timing for walking in your daily schedule, believe me it won’t go in vain.